Friday, August 26, 2011

Tight Spot Productions - Short Film

My fledgling production company is certainly in its infancy but I have news to announce.

Tight Spot Productions (TSP) owns the rights to several scripts and co-owns one that had been previously sold to Thunderstorm Productions, a production company based in South Australia. It fell through in pre-production and the producer has since been busy on real film sets such as Clive Owens' 'The Boys are Back' and the newly released Aussie hit 'Red Dog'.

Several of these scripts have been used to approach other companies but only gets the feedback, "It's really good, we like it, however our slate is full for the next 12 months, approach us then if it's still available."

While it's great to get positive feedback the scripts are hitting a wall as most production companies have a stable of creatives including scriptwriters already. So where does this leave me? Well I guess I better get off my ass and do something. So I've been writing more and even have an idea to fund a novel written by a writer for Paper Street Publishing can help self distribute it. And now I can announce that we have developed a short script and begin pre-production in about a months time. Based on the feedback I get through informal test screenings I'll see how we go in the film festival circuit.

The short is tentatively titled 'Crouching thief, Hidden Ninja' and will showcase what TSP is capable of on a shoestring budget.

I'll leave more feedback as we near principle photography.

Until then hail to the Tight Spot!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with it, James - hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Rol, appreciate it. You can also help by clicking on the paypal button ;)

    ReplyDelete