Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Red Hot Chili Peppers new single

The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie



Anticipation of the new RHCP single was as high as it could possibly be in my house after a 4 year self imposed hiatus by the iconic rock band.

I read a few reviews before downloading it (legally on iTunes) and this was a bad mistake. Especially when I read one review saying it sounded more like Bon Jovi. Which it does not!!!!!

I'd also read an interview where leader singer Anthony Keidis explains the origins of the song and how it was originally going to be an hour long B-side of a jam session. Thankfully they whittled away and produced a worthy opening single for the upcoming album I'm With You.

It all started after Flea spent a day trying to nail a classic bass line and in my opinion he did and it's the best part of the song. Flea has strummed out an iconic head bopping beat and Anthony has layered quality but not great lyrics to.

While it's not one of the Peppers greatest songs it sits comfortably nestled in several ipod playlists. And you know what I don't mind the cow bell. I hope it isn't played throughout the album but it kinda fits here!

My appetite is well and truly whetted for the album which will hit the stands 3 days before the birth of my 2nd child!!!

Until then hail to the lipstick junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment