Friday, April 29, 2011

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Album List


I have listed, in order, movies of some of my favourite film makers but I thought I would take a lefty and try to sequence the albums of my favourite band of all time. I will admit I came to 'The Peppers' pretty late in the piece hearing tracks of Mother's Milk at a friends house. And if I'm honest I only really took notice when I heard the rap lyrics for Track 4, Magic Johnson. I was pretty well versed in the NBA at the time and couldn't believe these white boys could rap about athletes.


The same mate would play the album most times I was over there so it kind of seeped into my musical subconscious. Then in 1991 a very good friend of mine Sam introduced me to Blood Sugar Sex Magic via his older brother Nick and it was a love affair after that.

I have been to 2 concerts since and own every single album (not counting The Abbey LP) and many B sides. I have ranked these albums based on relistenability, lyrics, number of hits and overall quality (How good is the worst song on the album?).

#1 - Blood Sugar Sex Magic
#2 - Californication
#3 - Mother's Milk
#4 - Stadium Arcadium
#5 - By the Way
#6 - The Uplift Mofo Party Plan
#7 - Freaky Styley
#8 - One Hot Minute
#9 - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

I have left of 'greatest hits' albums and the Abbey LP.
#1
Highlight - Every single track! Favs change with the seasons but this Fall it's The Greeting Song and My Lovely Man

#2
Highlight - Again changes often but ATM it's Emit Remmus and Easily

#3
Highlights - Knock Me Down and Nobody Weird Like Me

#4
Highlights - Wet Sand and Snow ((Hey Oh))

#5
Highlights - Venice Queen and Midnight and Dosed

#6
Highlights - Subterranean Homesick Blues and Skinny Sweaty Man and Fight Like a Brave and Behind the Sun
#7
Highlights - Blackeyed Blonde and Nevermind
w
#8
Highlights - Tearjerker and My Friends

#9
Highlights - True Men Don't Kill Coyotes and Police Helicopter


There were several albums that could be swapped but number 1 is number ONE. 2 to 5 are pretty close and 7 to 9 are close. As for the highlights, these are just a smattering of my fav tracks but certainly not an exhausted list!!
Until then hail to California!

No comments:

Post a Comment