Friday, March 18, 2011

Quentin Tarantino Movie List

My brothers and I often discuss movie lists of our favourite director/actor/genre/writer etc. So I thought I would blog one of my own after viewing my erudite brothers' version of The Coen Brothers on Stinkbrown. I put my list on all things Coen after his post so thought is would be lazy to just regurgitate it here.

So I thought I'd have a go at Tarantinos!

Well I've had a go and changed the list more times than Andy Dick's vibrator. My criteria is my favourite (A mix of rewatchability and domination of the genre) movie.

Here we go:

1. Pulp Fiction (it's cult for a reason**)
2. Kill Bill vol.1 (yes they are 2 very different movies and this one nails the genre **)
3. True Romance (script only but such a bloody tight one!)
4. From Dusk Till Dawn (script & acting, classic genre and such a fun movie **)
5. Reservoir Dogs (very good but lacking something from great**)
6. Inglorious Basterds (good script with a knockout performance, tried too hard to be QT**)
7. Kill Bill vol.2 (good but suffers from comparisons to vol.1**)
8. Death Proof (car chase alone great, too much girl power**)
9. Jackie Brown (good twisty Elmore adaptation)
10. Natural Born Killers (good concept/poor execution)
11. Four Rooms - QT segment only (okay punchy little short only)

** Killer Soundtrack

I could be persuaded to flip a couple but top 5's are all top 5's

I've shown you mine, now bare yours!!!

Until then hail to the two African fellows!

1 comment:

  1. Damn, that's an interesting list. Mine will be so different but I will not put them up in your comments. I will reserve them for my site. You'll have to come visit.

    Mine will be very different to yours. That much I promise.

    Also, put your Coen List up here. Do it.

    ReplyDelete