I stole this from my bro's blog Stinkbrown who stole it from someone etc etc go see Gone baby gone for details!!!!!
1) Which author do you own the most books by?
Stephen King, I have em all and have read every single on of them except Tommyknockers and Dolores Claiborne.
2) Which book do you own the most copies of?
Don't usually buy more than one copy of a book that's worth buying. Although I already had a generic copy of The shining when I came across a first edition at a second hand book sore.
3) Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
In context to the big things in life ending a sentence with a preposition of a conjuction is the least of them.
4) Which fictional character are you secretly in love with?
I don't have many secrets!!!!
5) What book have you read the most times in your life? (Excluding picture books read to children.)
The Phantom Tollbooth. It is just such a clever book for children and adults alike!!
6) What was your favourite book when you were ten years old?
Croos between The Machine Gunners and The Cay
7) What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
Twilight.'(Read well before the movie hype!!!!!! It's not that it's bad it's just that I have read some really good books, see next question!!!!
8)What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
Very hard question this year. Considering I've read A clockwork Orange, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Needful Things and a heap of quality Hard Case Crime books I would have to say The curious case of the dog in the night-time. Maybe because I'm a teacher but it had a definate effect on me!!!
9) If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?
I would never want to force anyone to read!!!! Do it cause you want to!!!!
10) Who deserves to win the next Nobel Prize for Literature?
Stephen King for being so underrated in his development of the character!!!!
11) What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
I am Legend, but done with the original message and story.
12) What book would you least like to see made into a movie?
The Da Vinci Code, opps too late!!!!!
13) Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character.
I dreamt I was a writer and I was arguing with a producer of the millions I would receive for my work!!
14) What is the most lowbrow book you’ve read as an adult?
That would have to be either of Bruce Campbell’s book. If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Actor
15) What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?
Pet Semetary. My wife was/is pregnany during the reading!!! Yes Ryan you did warn me!!!
16) What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you’ve seen?
We will rock you!!!
17) Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
Russians but only when black!!
18) Roth or Updike?
Barely heard of either so don't care!
19) David Sedaris or Dave Eggers?
This is sad now, I’ve never heard of either.
20) Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer?
Interested but uneducated in all but been to Shakespeare's birthplace and visited the Chaucer theme museum in Canterbury.
21) Austen or Eliot?
21a) Hammett or Chandler
Tough one, both interesting but must be honest as I'm not fluent in either!!!!
21b) Okay, McCarthy, Cormac V Palahniuk, Chuck
Read No country for Old men but only for Coen reasons so also uneducated!!!!
22) What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?
Not embarressed, just having got to yet!!!!
23) What is your favourite novel?
Changes weekly. About 5 Kingy's fill the top 6 spot though!!!
Insert dirty limerick!!!!
Essay?? Hated them at uni so no comment!!!
27) Short Story?
These walls thy sphere by Ryan Lindsay or any from I sing the body the electric by Ray Bradbury
28) Work of nonfiction?
Rebel without a crew by Robert Rodriguez, inspirational!!!!!
29) Who is your favourite writer?
Stephen King for his contant ability to get me hook within the first chapter!!!!
30) Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
Changes by the year from J.KRowling to Dan Brown and now Stephanie Meyer!!!!!
31) What is your desert island book?
Either It or The Stand by Stphen King. Both lengthy and worthy books.
32) And… what are you reading right now?
Log book You only look twice by Ian Flening
The Voyage of the dawn treader by C.S Lewis (Bille Brown as Coriakin will rock!!)
Michael Stahan - Behing the helmet - Michael Strahan (Thanks Rowey!!)
1599 -A year in the life of William Shakespeare by James Shapiro
In other news my script Soap has been submitted for funding in South Australia and Ryan and I are awaiting news on that frint!!!
In 40 minutes my wife will be 4 weeks from producing a child!!!!!!
Until then hail to enquiry!!