Thursday, April 30, 2009

Top Ten - The Fives

I'm staring down the barrel of a 4 day weekend! Gotta love teaching!! I get the usual two days off plus Monday for Labor Day and Tuesday is our 18 week scan including a 3D picture of my little bambino. We're also having a 15 month old girl staying with us (including parents) so that will definately go some way to preparing us for what is ahead. But for now we'll have to settle for the top 5!

Top Ten - The Fives

Movies

Good Will Hunting – Gotta Go See About a girl

This is the script I wish I had written. There’s very little I question about this movie. At one point this my #1 on my list but fortunately I’m a much happier person.

Although Ben and Matt probably peaked at the start they have both continued to have quality careers.

This movie is built around an amazing script and layered with an eminent cast and director. And sprinkled with quotes and one-liners like double burger and step forth silent rogue and receive thy prize, not to mention a couple of stirring monologues.

Songs

Angel Jack Johnson

I've got an angel
She doesn't wear any wings
She wears a heart that can melt my own
She wears a smile that can make me wanna sing
She gives me presents
With her presence alone
She gives me everything I could wish for
She gives me kisses on the lips just for coming home
She could make angels
I've seen it with my own eyes
You gotta be careful when you've got good love
Cause the angels will just keep on multiplying
But you're so busy changing the world
Just one smile and you can change all of mine
We share the same soul Oh oh oh oh oh ohhh
We Share the same soul Oh oh oh oh oh ohhh

We Share the same soul Oh oh oh oh oh ohhh
Oh oh oh oh oh ohhh Umm umm umm uhhhhhhmm

Obviously at this minute I’m very aware of my place in world and what is important to me. This is why this song is in my #5. I knew I would have a Jack Johnson song and there were a few options, Banana Pancakes, Better Together but this earned the right to be here! Just a lovely song to listen to alone and close my eyes. Soft maybe, but I don’t care!

T.V. Series

Arrested development - Never Nude

I know I said the true test of a great series was longevity but 3 seasons of this is better than 50 seasons of Will and Grace. There are heaps of textured characters and tasty scenarios. Between Tobias and all his foibles and George the Magician I can’t pick my favourites. Although I’m looking forward to the movie it’s only if they do it right, otherwise leave it to be the cult it already is! Every episode is tighter than an Eli Manning spiral. Blueman! haha

Books

I am LegendRichard Mathieson

I grew up as a Lindsay boy and that meant a few things. One of them is an eerily similar taste in movies. Omega Man was one of them. Charlton Heston rocked the shit in it, he even was the first to hook up in an interracial ‘love’ scene on celluloid. Then I found out about 15-20 years ago it was based on a novel. I tracked the novel down and this is it!

I bought it, read it and loved it. I dug the atmosphere and loved the shit out of the ending. It was one of the few times when I read the last line and went ‘oh’. It really made me think!! And NO it did not have the syrupy, Hollywood ending of the Will Smith 3star ending. I am Legend means much more in the book as it should. I have a feeling my venerated brother will write a tome one day that has the same reaction. At least I hope so!



Well I hope that didn't disappoint!

Until then I AM going to see about my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment